Thursday, February 4, 2016

One month mark in country.




Well, yeah I have been in the Czech Republic for a month now, and that month flew by! So crazy. We had a bit of a crazy week, lots of running everywhere, and I mean a lot of running haha. We also had a weird experience for a missionary, it usually doesn't happen anyways. So we were going to meat with the President of the Ostrava Branch, and we arrived early so we went and contacted while waiting. While contacting, we were talking to everyone we saw and what happened was what I call the chain reaction. It happens often. We start talking with someone and they say they have no interest, so we go to the next person, and they saw us start talking to the first person then leave, so we introduce ourselves and then they have no interest, then we go to the next person and they have seen us talk to the other two people so they just wave us away before we say hi and so on. The chain reaction is evil. Anyways we get the attention of a girl who came around the corner and didn't see any of this, so we are able to talk to her and she said she had no interest, but she wasn't mad or swearing at us so we starting bearing our testimonies and then she kinda looked around, then walked up and gave Elder Breyman a big old hug, then walked off. The whole time Elder Breyman and I stood there in unbelief trying to figure out of that just happened. The look of surprise on Elder Breymans face when he couldn't get away will forever stay with me. Then we went and met with the President and had our scheduled meeting. Tomorrow I am going on an exchange with Elder Marcucci who was in my MTC group. This will be very interesting contacting all day, and neither of us speak very much Czech, so yeah that is going to be great, hopefully I can learn how to speak fluent Czech tonight. While on the topic of Czech, I would like to testify of the Gift of Tongues. The Czech language is so hard, and I have never been good at learning from books and things in my life, but the fact that I can understand even a little of the Czech here, and follow conversations and kind of talk with people, proves that the Gift of Tongues is real and that God loves his missionaries. I am over halfway through this 9 week transfer, and it will be interesting to not have a trainer when or if I get transferred. I know at this point though that I will be okay and that God will take care of me. I have learned that much while here. God will always take care of me and keep me protected. here are some pictures of us today, we went and visited the top of a clock tower and got some great pictures. We also went and visited a member who lived kind of in the woods and so I had to get a picture of the woods.


No comments:

Post a Comment