Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Last few days in the MTC

Well, its been crazy here! holy cow, almost time to go. So Merry Christmas Eve, Its my Preparation day so that's sweet! especially because we have to pack today, so basically we are super excited all day! Yesterday was our In-field orientation all day and it was super sweet! We got our flight plans, but we don't know about our visas yet so that still has me on edge. I know I'm leaving but I'm not positive that I'm going to the Czech haha so i guess we will see. We had a devotional about leaving our weapons of rebellion behind like the Anti-Lehi-Nephites and that way we can come close to God. We all have things that we can improve on, and the best way to do it is to bury it deep in the earth and never go back. Surround yourself with people who will help you keep them buried and pull them out in times when you are week. That was a great devotional. The MTC choir (which I have been a part of for 8 weeks) is singing a hard/awesome version of The First Noel and it is so amazing! We get to sing it for our devotional, which will most likely be an apostle speaking because it's Christmas! So this is awesome haha the spirit is always so strong when we sing and our choir director goes into depth about why they chose the words they did and how we are teaching when we sing because of the truth of the songs. We had our last class with Brother Knapp who was the best teacher ever! He flew home for Christmas on Saturday so that is the last we will see him unless he randomly shows up in the Czech, which i wouldn't put it by him because he has been back twice sense he got back from his mission.

The MTC has been so great. I love my district! The 9 week experience is the best! I don't know how you can get the full MTC experience only being here 12 days. But it seems like the people who are here for 12 days are glad. Every time they ask how long ive been here and the response is 7, 8 weeks they are all like wow that sucks. NOPE I LOVE THE MTC, however, I am leaving in 4 days so I think I will love the Czech too. Who are we kidding of course ill love the czech! I can't wait to get there and have to give out a pass along card the first day... in a language that i don't speak. I can say hi though so maybe I can start with that. One thing I love about how hard it is to learn a language is how it teaches you to teach simply. Sometimes we want to go into depth about everything but when our doctrine is explained simply, other people can understand it better, and because at this point I don't know how to teach deeply, It's gonna work out great!

Here are the pictures with my teachers (2 of 3) Bro Knapp and Sister Godfrey. They are the best teachers ever.
I will send the pics in a minute. I have to switch computers.


​Matching sweaters... even though Bro Knapps looks black it was maroon 
​Laundry this morning.
Last day with Sis Godfrey
Zone Pic

No comments:

Post a Comment