Monday, January 25, 2016

Hey Everybody! Jan 18


here is me cooking some food at our church and the sisters, who i honestly didn't know were in this Picture until i just looked at it.

​and this is me, on a cool bridge on a cold day
So this has been a super awesome week! I'm sorry for not adding you to the email sooner, I couldn't figure out how to put the @ in the Czech computers so i couldn't add anybody.... But I figured it out, so sweet. This week has been good. We have been doing a lot of contacting which is super fun, and is always interesting. This week we contacted a man on a tram and he was not interested, then he pulled out some meth and so we walked away, but man he got up and I thought he was going to come at us because the tram like stopped and he fell at us and I was right by him and I thought this can't go well, I had a flash back to the first week where a guy wanted to fight and almost hit Elder Breyman my companion haha ( that was right after I said I am starting to like contacting). But we have got offered weed, invited to parties, and so much funny stuff and then the people are surprised when we are like no we don't do that stuff, as we said earlier we are here as missionaries! and then they don't know what that means so we get to explain to them and then teach them! and they LISTEN! most of the time, well sometimes but hey we get to teach somebody who just offered us weed about the Gospel! It's actually really awesome if you think about it. There are a lot of people who don't believe in God so when we tell them why we are here, they either don't care or are interested why we are here for 2 years and learn their language and its such a great teaching opportunity. That's why we talk to everyone. Not just the people that "look nice". One things I have learned is that you literally can't judge a book by its cover. Some of the best people we have talked to are the ones who I wouldn't go up and talk to before my mission. God really does love all his children and I can testify that I'm here to help bring all of them back. Everybody deserves the chance to know about this gospel, and I have realized that my purpose here is to give the Holy Ghost a chance to testify of it to everyone. The food here is great by the way, and the people are awesome. Our branch here in Ostrava has some awesome members who love the missionaries! that's so great haha. Luckily for me, Elder Breyman is a good cook, so with his cooking skills and my interesting ideas, we can make some good food out of like nothing which is the best haha. We don't eat at restaurants a ton because some are expensive, but occasionally we do and get some good Czech food and i always eat it to fast to take a Picture for everybody, but ill work on that. Anyways things are going great and I will talk more next week! My mission is awesome, if you aren't currently serving one, I challenge you to smile at everybody and bring joy in even that simple way. It makes a difference in your life, and theirs. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment