Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Another great week in Czech Republic

This has been a great week with tons of blessings and a tons of new things learned. One thing I really learned this week, is that everything is in the Lords timing. I had heard that so many times before in my life, that we need to accept the Lords timing. This week, I have really started to get a glimpse of what that means.





Simply, it means that sometimes, we just have to wait and be patient. We have to accept the fact, that other people have agency haha. Sometimes I think missionary work would be easier if people didn't have agency, then at the second, I realize that there was a war fought in heaven so that people could have agency, so I accept it, see the good in it, and head back to work. I say that because I love how when people are motivated to do something by their own desires, wants, and thoughts, I see how much more it means to them. When we have sombody show up to a lesson that we had on plan, I can automatically see that it means something to them, and that they are sacrificing time and other things they could be doing so they can meet with us. That is amazing to me. That's why we have agency, so we can choose and learn and grow at our own speed. I love agency. 

Last week, we were able to go to prague again. We got there early, so we decided to go and contact outside the Prague Train Station. There were tons of people hurry to catch their trains, or going all different directions hurrying and such. Well, we started talking with a man, who listened to us because he heard our church was rich. Well, our church is rich, we didn't tell him that, but it is. (we hear that all the time so its no secret) well, this guy auctualy beleived that we arn't paid to come and do missionary work, and that we fund ourselves to be here, and to learn a new language, and try and help peole. After we told him that, he listened to our message about the Restorations of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and had a ton of interest to learn more. We reffered him to the missionaries in Prague, and I'm very excited for him, that now he has the oppertunity to find the truth in his life. 

On sunday, the other Elders here baptized a lady, it was a great experience to be there and see that happen. Im so excited for her and all that she has coming!

This week, like we do every two weeks, we got to clean a very old catholic church. We do it as a service and its very cool. This friday, the lady took us up to the top to the bell tower and it was very cool, here is a picture of that =) 

Thanks for all of the prayers and support. I love you all, have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment